Thursday, November 8, 2012

Pre-Departure

     The day has finally arrived! I leave tomorrow for South Korea where I'll be teaching English for the next year. As I pack I'm thinking about all the things I'll miss and what the future weeks will hold. Besides my friends and family, I'm not sure what I will miss quite yet. However, I do know that I'm plunging into a new world that will give me life-changing experiences.
     Packing your entire life into two suitcases and a carry-on seems relativity impossible; I'm here to inform you that it is not as difficult as it seems! The bags are all set and ready to go. Nevertheless, mentally preparing yourself for the departure is a whole other bag of worms. What should I eat as my last meal in America? The question has been picking at my brain all day. These realistically petty notions actually help in distraction and anxiety avoidance; a tip I recommend for big moves. I'm not sure why I'm acting like an expert all of a sudden, I haven't even left my house yet!
     Once I make those first steps out my door and make my way to the plane I'll let you know how far my own advice will go. Although this first post is small I think it's important to know my mindset before I head out.
     So what am I most nervous about? Well that is a tough question. I guess I'm most nervous about having a new job. Creating a whole new routine is a lot of pressure, and I just hope that I'm a good teacher! That would be really unfortunate if I got fired and sent back home!

Nice to blog with you,
      <3 Stine      

No comments:

Post a Comment